puffers & vics

 

HOME    PUFFERS    VICS     BUILDERS     OWNERS     ENGINES    HISTORY    VIDEOS      CLYDEMARITIME     ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

 

Maclean

 

Builder Scott, Bowling
Official Nr. 104529
Yard Nr 108
Launched 1894
Delivered  
Length 66.2
Beam

38.2

Gross 90 tons
Nett 38 tons
Engine  

Built for Cunningham & W H King  of Glasgow In 1895 she was acquired by MacLean Steamship Co (W H King, Manager until 1898 when replaced by Paton & Hendry). In 1899, still managed by Paton & Hendry) she passed  into the ownership of Glasgow Steam Coasters Co Ltd. Bought by a Mrs Christina Tobiassen of Bo'ness in 1913 she moved south in 1915 into the ownership of Sunderland Lighterage Co Ltd (John Anderson, manager) before returning to Scotland in 1919 to East Coast Wrecking Co Ltd of Dundee. Her MNL entries for 1927 through to 1940 list her as owned by Gray's Wherries & Stevedoring Co.Ltd, managed by Joseph P Gunn of North Shields. By 1947 she is registered to Daniel McNeil of Bank Street Greenock. Nothing further has been identified.