puffers & vics






Builder Scotts, Bowling
Official Nr 114026
Yard Nr  
Launched 20/2/1902
Length 66 ft
Beam 18 ft
Gross 91 tons
Nett 33 tons
Engine 2 Cyl Steam compound

Built for John Scott Munro and James Findlay of Glasgow. She passed into the ownership of Glasgow Steam Coasters Ltd in 1903 before in 1919 being purchased by Archibald and Hamish Hendry, also of Glasgow.

Ownership moved east in 1920 when she was bought by The East Coast Wrecking Co Ltd of Dundee, and then The East Coast Salvage Co, also of Dundee, in 1924.

In June 1927 she came back west when bought by Hugh Brown of Belfast before returning to the Clyde in the ownership of Robert McKinlay of Glasgow in October 1027.

She was sold for scrap in 1934.

The picture below shows the Ixion on the on the left at Campbeltown. It is undated.