Built for Peter D Hendry of Glasgow. In 1896 he was joined in partnership by John Paton, who in 1902 registered her to their company, Glasgow Steam Coasters Co Ltd.
In 1913 she was sold on to John W Kingston & Henry J Pulsford of Poole in Dorset. On 20th February 1914 she foundered in the North Sea off Spurn Point at the entrance to the Humber while on passage from Yarmouth to Hull with a cargo of sand. Her five crew were rescued by the Grimsby trawler "Fesso".