Built for Forth & Clyde Navigation Co of Glasgow as a dumb barge lighter, and first registered at Glasgow on 5th July 1860. In 1881 she was acquired by John Hay of Glasgow in which year she was rigged as a ketch. In 1882 she was fitted with an engine. Purchased by Andrew S McClelland of Glasgow in 1886.
Under the command of Captain Hunter, on 13th October 1891 she stranded at Cove on Loch Long while discharging a cargo of coal in a force 9 WSW wind, and was declared lost.